Added Aug 11, 2023 Network Engineer (25800) MInneapolis, MN | Contract Apply
Fulcrum Consulting, an LRS company is seeking a Network Engineer for a position with our client in Minneapolis, MN.
- Applies advanced networking concepts in the analysis, study, and design of data networks.
- Analyzes network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput) and recommends modifications to network components.
- Designs and optimizes network topologies and site configurations.
- Plans installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
- Resolves network problems to obtain operation access to platforms/applications.
The Senior Operator serves as a leader in diagnosing and developing solutions from data, information and process-related business challenges. Serves as the team lead Operator and is responsible for training new Level 1 Operators.
- Primarily performs the role of Incident Agent.
- Effectively use monitoring tools and respond to alerts that impact the environment.
- Perform initial triage and determination of system faults and performance issues; Create incident tickets and assign to the appropriate Incident Assignee group.
- May also perform the role of Incident Assignee and/or Incident Analyst managing trouble tickets, troubleshooting, resolving, assigning and escalating as appropriate for timely resolution and response, retaining ownership to bring the incident to a close.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and coaching to Level 1 Operators to ensure they have the necessary information and processes.
- Monitor the network to ensure that all agreed Service Levels are met.
- Detect service degradation and/or failures in power, communications equipment, software, or circuits.
- Answer daily calls for support related to NOC issues.
- Ensure resolutions and documentation requirements are followed in resolving issues and assigning the NOC incident to the proper area for Root Cause Analysis.
- Provides support and coordination for High Priority Incidents.
- Ensure all control center, emergency response, and dispatch processes, and administrative processes are followed and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the Problem and Escalation Management procedures are correctly followed and that all problems are recorded in the appropriate problem management tools.
- Collects configuration changes resulting from repair; tests and identifies procedures to improve support; contributes to knowledge base content.
- Ensure network changes are incorporated and communicated effectively.
- Works special projects as assigned by management.